Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cheap Halloween battery operated candles

When I was making my Halloween crafts, I was looking for the perfect candle to sit on the top of a Dracula book I found at Goodwill. I couldn't find anything even close to what I was looking for so I started searching google and Pinterest and came up with an extremely cheap and foolproof way of making my own.




Here's what you need:

Battery operated tealight candle (pretty cheap at walmart and you can also find at dollar tree now)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Toilet paper cardboard tube

Take the toilet paper tube and cut it in half on a diagonal. Put the tealight in the tube and place on the back of a greased cookie sheet and use hot glue to glue in the tealight in place. Then just start at the bottom of the tube and put hot glue on the tube and let it come down and "blob" off the side of the tube. It will set up in a minute or so. Then you just move up and keep putting glue around the tube until you get the look you are wanting. After the first one it was really easy to get the hang of it and I made 24 of them in no time.

I then painted the candle with watered down black paint. Equal parts paint to water. Without the water, the glue will show brush marks and it's hard to get in all of the nooks and crannies. I used 2 coats and it was completely covered.

Really inexpensive and a great décor piece around Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment